Create pastoral strategies that support the family as the Domestic Church; a place of transforming spiritual growth for forming disciples.
Objective 1: Incorporate church programs, ministries and/or apostolates that support the life cycle of marriage and family from dating through the end of life.
- There are programs, ministries or apostolates available for parishioners to support the life cycle of marriage and family.
Objective 2: Foster and educate families that they are the Domestic Church and that the parish is a family of families.
- Being a parent isn’t easy. It can often be challenging and overwhelming, especially with the influences of social media. Technology safety begins in the home. The Faith and Safety Initiative is a collaboration between The United States Conference of Catholic Bishops and The Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America. The site provides information and ideas to understand the use of technology through the eyes of faith.
- Knights of Columbus parish-based councils today are not only places that provide invaluable support to parish life in terms of charitable and social activities, he said, they also are a primary place to support the evangelization of family life through the mission of the domestic church.
- Amoris Lætitia is Pope Francis' Apostolic Exhortation (teaching) on Love in the Family.
- Lighthouse Catholic Media offers austin presentations, books and movies for families to dive deeper into their faith. Check your parish's entry way for the Lighthouse Catholic Media kiosk.
- Couples Time Out: Couple's Time Out is a short pause from the business of life that focuses on growing spiritually, to enrich and strengthen their marriage. It includes a talk from a Schoenstatt Father, time for private reflection and Adoration at the Marian Shrine. It occurs every second Saturday, from 9:30 to 11:30am, and babysitting is provided on site. Schoenstatt Movement of Austin www.schoenstatt.us
- Home Altar: The Home Altar is a special place in the home dedicated to God and to Mary. It’s a place of encounter and active participation in the faith, a real a miniature church at home. The Schoenstatt Movement will offer formation packages and trainings for parishes on how to create and organize their home altar and foster a culture of prayer in their every-day activities. Schoenstatt Movement of Austin www.schoenstatt.us
- There is an increase in the number of families that understand that they are the Domestic Church.
- Annual parishioner survey results – Do you see yourself as part of the Domestic Church? Do you see the parish as a part of your family?
Objective 3: Create family centered formation that supports life-long faith formation.
- The Schoenstatt Movement of Austin's Family Branch is composed of married couples and their children. They gather on a regular basis to grow in their spiritual lives and understanding on how to develop a spiritually-grounded family life.
- The Pontificium Consilium pro Familia has a website full of great formation for the entire family.
- Formed is an online streaming service that includes many big name titles such as Catholicism, Symbolon, 33 Day to Morning Glory and more!
- The Humanum Series, a beautiful short documentary examines the longing for love on each of our hearts.
- Awakening Faith is a friendly, simple tool that helps Catholic families reconnect with the fundamentals of our faith.
- Parishes provide family centered activities and faith formation opportunities.