Strengthen, nourish and support ministry by focusing on the spiritual and professional formation of priests, deacons, consecrated religious women and men and lay ministers.
Objective 1: Provide comprehensive spiritual formation, leadership and professional development for priests, deacons and religious.
- The international clergy participate in formation/culture awareness programs.
- Priests, deacons and religious attend spiritual formation, leadership and professional development opportunities in the diocese.
- There is an increase in the number of priests that participate in support groups and spiritual direction.
Objective 2: Provide comprehensive spiritual formation, leadership and professional development for lay ministers.
- The Diocesan Educational/Catechetical Leadership Institute was begun in 1997 as a program for new or nearly new diocesan leaders. In 2012, the online Leadership Institute expanded to offer free of charge to all interested individuals, to parish catechetical leaders and catechists, Catholic school principals and teachers, and other individuals who provide faith formation to diverse age groups and settings. A series of webinars focus on pertinent topics for church leaders.
- The Assembly of Catholic Professionals (ACP) meets each quarter and features dynamic speakers. Fellowship, networking and formation on our identity as lay believers and community leaders are the pillars of ACP.
- Lay ministers attend spiritual formation, leadership and professional development opportunities in the diocese.